Thursday, March 10, 2016

Week in Review: March 7-11

Our Economics Fair on a Tuesday was a HUGE success! The seven third grade classes earned a combined $2345.52 to donate to the World Wildlife Fund. In the process, they learned about running a business...from designing and creating a profit, to advertising, to selling, and calculating profits. This is one of my favorite projects every year and I hope your children enjoyed it as much as I did!
















Thursday was school-wide STEAM day (science, technology, engineering, art and math) and we enjoyed two guest speakers during morning rotations. We spend the afternoon with Mrs. Swyers' class and students had the option of building a marble race or a pipeline system. We were so impressed with their creativity and unique designs!
























This week, we wrapped up our graph unit in math, as well as weather/water cycle in science. We will begin to explore financial literacy and life cycles after spring break in these two subjects.

I will be out on Friday, so I hope that everyone enjoys their spring break. I look forward to seeing my students again on Monday March 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment